Monday, October 27, 2008

Wallpaper

"Oh the Chewing Gum Ground" is a retro-rock guitar-driven punk album by Wallpaper that reminds me of the punk rock music from the '70s and '80s that my mother constantly tried to make me listen to growing up (she was a punk-rocker and thus I rebelled by listening to Britney Spears): a tad bit underproduced for my personal tastes, but poppy and upbeat enough to keep me bopping my head. That being said, I have matured beyond the point of automatically hating everything my parents like and I have come to realize the value of this kind of good ol' rock music. And at least this album doesn't sound like it was recorded in a garage by the airport like much of the music my mother likes to listen to, though I do have to say that it is perhaps a little more disinterested-sounding (probably due to the modern day hipster influence). Overall, this album has a good thing going on and it makes me a little nostalgic.

The album is due out November 4th, so check it out.

Pop Rocket [mp3]

share this post on de.licio.us / facebook

No comments: