Monday, May 26, 2008

Minnesota Monday - The 'Mats

Since Em gives her hometown short shrift, I think I may push her aside on Mondays. For a little over a month, I've been waiting for her to at least mention Rhino Records' release of deluxe editions of The Replacements first EP and three albums on Twin/Tone Records. I waited in vain. Arguably one of the most influential bands to come out of Minnesota and she ignores them. Sacrilege! I'm here to rectify. You can read Rhino's press release here.

And while we are on the subject of The 'Mats, I have to mention the excellent Jim Walsh and his Replacements book All Over But the Shouting.

On to the music: a very fast selection from Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash (iTunes), a selection from Let It Be (iTunes), and a bootleg of a live 1987 performance in NYC of "Favorite Thing," originally from the Let It Be release.

And Happy Memorial Day to all!

share this post on de.licio.us / facebook

No comments: