Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wacky Wednesday - 8.8.07

Today I'm going to post songs that I like because they are just really funny or wacky or silly. Because, like this article I read in Entertainment Weekly today, I agree that sometimes music shouldn't have to be about "high art," but it should just be whatever makes you happy. And these songs make me smile.

Grace Kelly (mp3) - Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion (iTunes). I don't really feel the need to say anything about this song. Just listen to it. You'll see.

Two for the Price of One - Abba - The Visitors (iTunes). Ok, so I can't actually post this one because I only have it in a protected file (stupid iTunes...) and I can't find it anywhere in a post-able format. But I wanted to tell you guys it's out there and it's great and most people have never heard of it because it's not really one of their better known songs. It's a song kind of about the personal ads. And it's also one of the catchiest songs ever. Seriously, it will get stuck in your head for days.

What You Want (mp3) - Mandy Moore - So Real (iTunes). Best underage stripper song ever... I think at one point Mandy Moore offered to reimburse anyone who bought this CD. While I can kind of understand why she might not be so proud of it, I still love the CD because it's hilarious and fun. And she was like, what, 15 and completely not in control of her own career? So don't worry Mandy, you have nothing to be ashamed of. And frankly, I like her better as an actor anyway.

It's Raining Men (mp3) - The Weather Girls - Success (iTunes). I always knew this song (everybody at least kind of knows it), but I had never really listened to it very closely until recently and I actually laughed out loud on the subway listening to it a few days ago and people looked at me like I was crazy. Listen to the beginning. I love the talking in the background. "How low girl?" "What sources now?" haha. Maybe I'm really easily amused, but I mean, the premise of the song is pretty funny too.

Ok, hopefully these songs provided you a little laughter to get through the rest of the week. I know I needed it today. It was a rough day, what with the crazy storms last night and all. I spent more time commuting today than actually working... So yay for fun music that gets us through the 2-hour subway ride that is only supposed to be 25 minutes. Tata dahlings.

No comments: