Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hemlines at Fort Reno

I hit up as many of the free Fort Reno concerts as I could this July since it's all of 4 blocks away from where I live. I liked most of the bands, at least live. But the band that stood out the most, and who I'm most likely to make an effort to see again, was Hemlines.


A mostly-girl local punk group, their performance was edgy but between songs they were delightfully down-to-earth. And they rocked out hardcore. Lead singer Katie has one of the best screams I've ever heard, and she's a very charismatic frontwoman. And I have to give props to bass player Dana for having kickass hair with which she used in the best rock 'n' roll ways.

Check 'em out, and go support local music! (though they don't seem to have much trouble attracting an audience)

No comments: