Thursday, October 23, 2014

STS9 @ 9:30 Club


On Tuesday night I headed to the 9:30 Club to catch STS9 with, apparently, every hippie in the DC metro area. Seriously, I have never seen so many hippies in DC. Where did they all come from?! Honestly, it was a nice change from the suit-clad masses I'm so accustomed to seeing in this town, but I digress.


On to the show. It was pretty epic. They played two full sets and I danced so hard my legs still hurt two days later. The second set was my favorite by virtue of the fact that it was less crowded (more room to dance). It was a lesson to all those who leave before the encore because they missed out. A lot. I lost track of time just dancing the night away. According to my Uber receipt, I got home after 1am - not too shabby for a Tuesday night.


As good as the music was the light show - it was completely mesmerizing. I think half my photos are just of the lights, granted they don't really do it justice. You should definitely go see STS9 if you have the chance. Even if it's not really your kind of music (to be honest, I went into not really sure it would be for me), they put on a great show and you will have a blast.

More photos here.

No comments: