Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Morning Teleportation show


Monday night the Black Cat was in for a treat. Morning Teleportation, a band from Portland, Ore., brought the tunes. The crowd brought the dancing, jumping and singing.

My excitement for this show was deeply-rooted. The band members got their start in Bowling Green, Ky. where I attended Western Kentucky University. The semester I spent away from school (fall 2008) was the semester the hype started. My friends all love them and talked relentlessly about how amazing their shows are. The semester I return they move to Portland. Shucks. November 2009 they played a house show in Bowling Green and the floor literally caved in. I guess that's a sign that people like you if the floor can't hold your crowd. Unfortunately they didn't even get through their first song before this happened. So yesterday was the first show of theirs I saw. And I'm pleased to say it exceeded all my expectations.

Nicos Gun opened the show. This Philadelphia band played sort of a psychedelic indie rock. It definitely kept the crowd entertained and lively. Then Morning Teleportation came on. They have this playful way of changing up rhythms, sounds and moods multiple times within a song. It leaves the audience in excitement and anticipation. The show will keep you dancing and singing, that's for sure. The song "Expanding Away" was one of my favorites. Definitely go see them if you can!

Find Morning Teleportation in your city:

April 7, New York, NY, Mercury Lounge
April 8, Brooklyn, NY, Brooklyn Bowl
April 9, Harrisburg, PA, Abbey Bar
April 10, Buffalo, NY, The Ninth Ward
April 12, Cleveland, OH, Beachland Tavern
April 13, Detroit, MI, Magic Stick
April 14, Chicago, IL, Subterranean
April 15, Madison, WI, UW Madison Union South
April 16, Minneapolis, MN, 7th Street Entry
June 5, Hunter, NY, Hunter Mountain-Mountain Jam



No comments: