Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Quotable - Nathan Followill (Kings of Leon)

Might start posting things like this occasionally, as I have heard some really great music-related quotes lately. Nathan Followill of Kings of Leon said this in an interview with The Telegraph, and I immediately related (while many people have made the analogy of music as religion before, and it's a philosophy I pretty much live by, I chose this quote especially because of the part about concerts giving people highs and making people feel like they're a part of something bigger - a good concert always leaves me feeling giddy and so happy to be alive and experiencing these wonderful shows!):
To some people, music is their religion. Going to a concert gives them a high like a Christian going to a revival. Anything that awakens that feeling inside that you are part of something bigger – whatever that is – that’s good enough.
Read the full article on Kings of Leon here.

No comments: