Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Black Lillies


So sadly there was a big snow storm here in South Carolina (3 whole inches!) so I wasn't able to make it out to my weekly show at Hub Bub so I'm just going to have to tell you about band I saw there a few weeks ago instead.

The Black Lillies hail from Knoxville, TN and are some of the best Americana out there right now. Their album Whiskey Angel is a powerhouse and I'm hoping they are able to break out of the regional music scene and get some national attention. They have a rich sound that alternates based on whose taking lead vocals, but I found their set to be a great mix of roots and just plain rocking. They did play a well received set at Bonnaroo last year and lets hope they are on the list again when the lineup for this year is announced on February 9th!

Sadly I didn't have my camera that night and wasn't writing for the blog yet so I didn't get any MP3's to share but here's a video that really shows what they are all about. And I'm going to go ahead and include another track from Stepaniesid that was recorded at Bonnaroo last year for your enjoyment. =)

Drinking at a Party [mp3] - Stephaniesid (iTunes)



No comments: