Friday, December 18, 2009

Miracle Condition - "The Wandering Y"


Firstly, thanks to Em for the warm welcome. It's an honor and a pleasure to be contributing to a paragon of music journalism such as GFP, and I look forward to titillating the ears of its readers on a (roughly) weekly basis.

Speaking of paragons of music journalism, while many are content to wallow in their 2009 year-end round-ups and get distracted by holiday shopping and revelry, Sasha Frere-Jones of the New Yorker is getting a jump on 2010 by diligently keeping track of his anticipated favorite songs and albums of the year to come. While I'm similarly excited about the new Lindstrøm record, I had never heard of Miracle Condition, so I decided to check them out. I was not disappointed by their slightly spacey indie rock and have decided to share it with you. No words could be more convincing than that beard, so listen away.

The Wandering Y [mp3]

As a side note, I would also like to thank Matt for his illuminating exposé on the various links between the Promise Ring and Jimmy Eat World's "A Praise Chorus." I chose lyrics from "A Praise Chorus" as my high-school senior yearbook quote (seriously), and as a Promise Ring fan as well, I am very pleased to be aware of the connection. I like them Gala apples just fine.

1 comment:

mjv said...

Ant, never gave you a proper greeting. Keep doing yr thang, and welcome!