Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Things You May Not Know: Bill Cosby Just Released Hip Hop Album


Hokay, so thanks to Rainn Wilson's twitter, I was alerted to the fact that Bill Cosby had released a rap album not more than two days ago. The album is called State of Emergency and was recorded way back in 2008, which is perhaps why it's not getting as much press as I'd thought it'd be. Excited beyond belief, I headed over to Bill Cosby's website to join the mailing list and receive the free mp3 that went with it. Alas, fellow ear-owners, Bill's pudding-ridden voice does not make a single peep on this album - rather, he has other artists perform for him! And the tracks? They ain't much. While the thought of rapping about real issues like drug abuse and teen pregnancy is a noble one, you got to have catchy tracks to go with it. I haven't experienced such a let down since tonight's Glee episode where I thought for sure that Sue was going to the Swing dance anyway with Mr. Shue (with matching Zoot suits). I'm so let down, in fact, that I'm not even going to bother posting the mp3 (which, btw, was downloaded to my computer in a folder named 'State of Emergency' inside a folder named 'MP3' inside a folder named 'Songs' inside a folder named 'Bill Cosby - State of Emergency'). You can give it the quick listen to on iTunes here.

1 comment:

Outroversion said...

Haha really liked the style of this! The wombat or whatevs and yeah it is annoying when there's folders within folders!

I came to your blog for your fanfarlo review, shame they played such a short set. The feeling of only wanting to listen to them is nortmal. trust.