Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pixie Lott

In Minneapolis it's been raining nonstop for a week now. While I'm all for curling up next to the window with a blanket, tea and a good book, I'm tired of the bottoms of my jeans getting wet and trying to pretend that I'm actually in England to make it all seem better. The weatherpeople on the weather channel say that today is "one of those days where you should just stay inside and make soup." I say today is one of those days where you should give in to the grey and listen to chill music. By now I hope you're all familiar with 18-year old Pixie Lott, English songstress whose debut Turn It Up was released in the UK in September. Since then, her single "Mama Do" has overtaken airwaves and music blogs. While you're encouraged to check out that track on the hype machine, take a listen to Pixie's lovely cover of "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon and take it easy today.

No comments: