Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Pierces @ Webster Hall

Wednesday night I finally had the opportunity to see one of my favorite bands live - The Pierces. Opening for them was singer-songwriter Trevor Giuliani and a band that I love to watch live, Hymns. Sadly, I'm a bit short on time so this review is going to be very short.

Trevor Giuliani's music is relaxed but catchy. He has one of those effortless voices that is so pleasant to listen to and he was a good start to the night. Hymns were great, as I knew they would be - very rock 'n' roll, lots of energy, got the audience pumped. The giant American flag painted on the wall behind them made me realize how very Americana their music is. I can totally picture them playing in some smokey bar in the South in the '70s.

The Pierces were wonderful. They played most of my favorites (except for "Lies") and a new song or two. They had little synchronized dances or gestures that they would do together, which was cute. They're totally adorable and I loved both of their outfits. And they even slightly poked fun at their Gossip Girl appearance.

All in all a good show. I wish I had time to write more about it.

Wasting Your Town [mp3] - Trevor Giuliani (pre-order his album on mypace)
Streets Alone [mp3] - Hymns (iTunes)
Secret [mp3] - The Pierces (iTunes)

No comments: