Monday, June 29, 2009

Carina Round @ Pete's Candy Store


Last night I headed to Williamsburg to see British songstress Carina Round at Pete's Candy Store. Having never seen a show there, I have to say I was a little surprised at the tiny, long, cramped space which is really not conducive to watching shows. The equipment wasn't helping Carina's cause either, buzzing, distorting and even shocking her when she got too close to the microphone. I think I liked her best when she went completely acoustic. Carina has a strong, versatile voice and a lot of charisma, but I did think that she could use a little work on her songwriting, because it didn't really strike me as in any way unique or different. She is definitely an artist that has a lot of potential and I am looking forward to watching her musical talent grow and develop.

Here is an remixed mp3 of my favorite song that she performed last night, "Backseat" (although I will admit I'm not a fan of the remix but I like the original quite a lot - watch the video to hear the original).

Backseat from Carina Round on Vimeo.

No comments: