Sunday, April 26, 2009

"When It's Raining, And It's Pouring"

This morning I woke up to one of my favorite sounds: rain. I *love* rainy grey mornings, especially when its a weekend morning so you can lay in bed for a while if you want to (read: me right now). The world almost seems to say, "go ahead, take it easy while we're making ourselves all nice and shiny, listen to our rumbles." And then if it so happens, you throw on some music that just make the moment the moments. You know what I mean? Like sometimes in life things come together and they magically make a moment that is simple and completely unto itself and you feel...entirely at ease with the the world.

Or maybe that's just me. Either way, here's some of my favorite songs for the rain, and feel free to shout out yours in the comments section!

Wake Up Wake Up [mp3] - Lullatone Note: this is also the song I use for my alarm in the morning. Lullatone also has a really fun raindrop melody maker that you should check out.
Rain [mp3] - Priscilla Ahn
Limbs [mp3] - Emma Pollock (iTunes)
Let In Rain [mp3] - Living Things (iTunes)
Sideways [mp3] - Let's Go Sailing (iTunes)
Rainy Night House [mp3] - Joni Mitchell (iTunes)
The Rain [mp3] - Larissa and the Wild Grey
The Beauty Of The Rain [mp3] - Dar Williams (iTunes)
Fire and Rain (James Taylor Cover) [mp3] - Dido

No comments: