Wednesday, April 15, 2009

new Metric album: Fantasies

The new Metric album, Fantasies, is out today. I've been listening to it on repeat for the last couple days and watching the videos (see below). Emily Haines is my new girl talent crush I think. She has this ability to write songs that are all at once dark rock 'n' roll, catchy pop and meaningful ballad. It's upbeat music with kind of nostalgic/melancholy undertones that tug at your heart strings. She is one of the rare people with the ability to really affect me emotionally while simultaneously causing the urge for me to dance, and I always feel as if she wrote her songs specifically for me because they are very relatable. The best part is that acoustic versions of the songs (see the videos in the widget below) sound just as good as the upbeat versions because the core of the songs are that well written. So far my favorite album of the year I think.

Tracklist:
1. Help I’m Alive
2. Sick Muse
3. Satellite Mind
4. Twilight Galaxy
5. Gold Guns Girls
6. Gimme Sympathy
7. Collect Call
8. Front Row
9. Blindness
10. Stadium Love

Stream the entire album (and watch cool videos) here:




No comments: