Thursday, April 23, 2009

DC Show Alert: Bowerbirds with Bell


In the dreary work world in which I reside, I find myself adrift in memos, drab watercooler talk, and *gasp* interoffice meetings.  Kill me.

My only redress is the fantastical world of indie rock.  These days, Bell has been keeping me afloat with her raw, if not slightly anarchical, vocals.  When I feel like I can't take it any more, I pop on my iPod (albeit uber secretively, as they are strictly verboten) and play Echinacea, and suddenly, the grey-beige walls of my office seem just a bit less maddening.

If you're fans of Bell (or Bowerbirds for that matter), there's a show in DC this Saturday!  If you're not in the District, check out the show list below to see if they're coming to a town near you any time soon.

*Sigh*  I'm off to watch The Office.


April 25 - Rock & Roll Hotel - Washington, DC
April 26 - First Unitarian Chapel - Philadelphia, PA (2 sets!)
April 27 - Mercury Lounge - New York, NY 
April 28 - Monkeytown - Brooklyn, NY (2 sets)
April 30 - TT The Bear's - Cambridge, MA

Echinacea [mp3] - "Bell EP" (iTunes)

No comments: