Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New video from The Virgins!

I feel like it's been a little while since I've posted any rock music, so for your viewing pleasure today I have a new video from The Virgins. While I've found most of The Virgins' other stuff a little more funky/80s (which is a good thing), this song remind me that sometimes you just can't beat some good straight-up ol' rock 'n' roll to get you energized for that night out, and it's also got just the right hint of pop to keep the song stuck in your head long after you've headed out and about. The Virgins are a lot of fun for everyone, and they're just awkward enough to appeal to even the disinterested uber hipster set. Speaking of fun and hipsters, I'm not sure I can say that this video is really anything particularly special or unique, but it did look like they had a lot of fun making it and I kind of wish I had been their in my best hipster hat with them.



The band has just announced a spring North America headlining tour with guests Lissy Trullie and Anya Marina (she seems like a lot of fun too, so it should definitely be a worthwhile show). Tour dates below with more to be added soon:

May 11 - Bluebird Theatre - Denver, CO
May 12 - Kilby Court Gallery - Salt Lake City, UT
May 14 - Chop Suey - Seattle, WA
May 15 - Biltmore Cabaret - Vancouver, BC
May 16 - Wonder Ballroom - Portland, OR
May 18 - Harlow's Night Club - Sacremento, CA
May 20 - Great American Music Hall - San Francisco, CA
May 21 - El Rey Theatre - Los Angeles, CA
May 22 - Belly Up Tavern - Solana Beach, CA
May 23 - Beauty Bar - Las Vegas, NV
May 26 - The Loft - Dallas, TX
May 27 - Emo's Alternative Lounge - Austin, TX
May 28 - Rudyards - Houston, TX
May 30 - Alabama Music Box - Mobile, AL
June 1 - The Social - Orlando, FL
June 2 - Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

2 comments:

Stuart Shapiro said...

no nyc show? preposterous.

Em said...

Well it does say they will add more dates... So I assume NYC will be added. If not, I agree on the preposterous-ness of it.