Monday, March 30, 2009

DsCene: Exit Clov


Greetings from Washington, DC!

Spring was definitely springing itself here in the District today...And it made me think. Every year, with the come of spring, my music taste buds dust themselves off and come alive, almost as if to say, "Enough angst, Lauren. We need to dance." And dance they will.

Enter Exit Clov, a DC local band with just enough spunk to make me grovel at their collective feet. I discovered them when I first came to DC for college, and have found myself coming back to them time and time again for a quick pick me up on days where the cynic seems to be getting the best of me. Exit Clov has a knack for quirky lyrics, metallic-rocky guitars, and using unexpected instrumentals, all with a touch of techno pop-piness.

To top it all off, they have kicked off a week-long tour, starting Wednesday, April 1st.

April 1 - The Black Cat - Washington, DC
April 2 - Public Assembly - Brooklyn, NY
April 4 - The Middle East - Cambridge, MA
April 5 - The Khyber - Philadelphia, PA

Enjoy! Because, you know, what is spring without some peppy chick rock?

DIY - "Respond, Respond" - [mp3] (iTunes)

No comments: