Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bomani Armah & Project Mayhem

This is a quick one from me this morning, and my mom is probably going to send me one of her emails about the content of today's mp3, but I don't really care, cause this track made me smile. Bomani "D'mite" Armah with his hip-hop/funk band Project Mayhem are set to perform at this year's SXSW and it looks like they will put on quite a show, as Bomani calls his shows "high energy" and "very agressive, but not mad at all." Bomani doesn't want to be seen as a rapper but rather a "poet with a hip-hop style," so his songs are more filled with political content such as an urge for folk to read and take care of themselves better, as can be heard in the following mp3 below. Smart, intelligent and slightly humorous hip-hop? Yes, count me in.

Read A Book [mp3]


Oh, and by the way, we've got Twitter now. Check us out!

1 comment:

Bomani Armah said...

Hey, I usually like a lot of guilt with my pleasure, but I appreciate the compliment anyway. I hope you get a chance to check out some more of my music and me know what you think. My song of the month is "Go Get It" and it's the first song playing on my msypace page. Thanks again

Bomani
"Music is the Language of spirits"
www.myspace.com/knotarapper