Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Lodger sings my feelings about America

Sometimes my iPod just knows what to do.
Now, I was driving home from a friends house Tuesday night after the election results came in, feeling pretty good about America. Regardless of who you voted for, and whether or not they won, you must admit that both of the candidates gave eloquent, appropriate, emotional and inspirational speeches that absolutely fit the bill. I was really proud of how gracious both of the candidates acted under the circumstances and how the concept of unity was shared and promoted by each side. I think tuesday night was a wonderful way for other countries to view America as a nation that promotes such positivity and friendship. There were no examples of anyone acting like a sore loser, and that honestly shocked me. I was really proud of America for the first time in...possibly ever. I was thinking that when this song came on, and it pretty much summed it up for me. I have a new found respect and admiration for the people in this country. Here's to a new phase in our country, everyone.

The Good Ole Days by The Lodger [mp3]

Check out The Lodger's myspace

share this post on de.licio.us / facebook

No comments: