Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Physics of Meaning

The Physics of Meaning is a North Carolina based band, lead by Daniel Hart, who has played with the likes of St. Vincent and The Polyphonic Spree. Seems to me that group is a bit incestuous. Their second album is coming out September 16th, and from the sounds of it, Ms. Annie Clark herself will be making a guest appearance on the album (not to mention they also have a full-blown choir).

Here is a sneak peek mp3 from the upcoming album, entitled "Snake Charmer and Destiny at the Stroke of Midnight" (boy, what a mouth full). It started out a little slow for my taste, but the song grows in a wonderfully dramatic way and becomes beautiful and full. The more I listen to it, the more I love it. Daniel Hart has a really theatrical and strong voice that I'm really digging too. I could totally hear him on Broadway.

No comments: