Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Uuuuuuggghhhhh....

Not to harp on the whole Britney Spears VMA performance thing, especially because everyone else is doing a fine job of it without my help, but I just have to say that I think everyone's overreacting a lot. I was reading AM New York (at least I think that's what it was) over someone's shoulder on the subway yesterday and there was a little blurb about it. I couldn't tell exactly from the small article, but it seemed like Britney Spears was being asked/invited to make a formal apology at the Emmy's. Seriously? A formal apology? For what? Her performance was mediocre at best but it's not like she made racist comments or hurt somebody in some way. Or it's not like she skipped out on the performance. That I could see necessitating a formal apology (although not to the "world" in general, but to the VMAs). I know everyone is referring to her performance as "a disaster," but it could've gone a whole lot worse... And who is she being asked to apologize to and for what exactly? "I'm sorry general public that I didn't blow everyone away at the VMAs. How dare I be so mediocre." That's about how it would go.

Anyway, moving on. I don't know what's wrong with me lately but I can't seem to get out of this music rut, so here are some miscellaneous songs, yet again.

Love Astronaut [mp3] - Murder Mystery - "Are You Read for the Heartache... Because Here It Comes" (iTunes unavailable). This is kind of pleasant silly song.

Grounds for Divorce [mp3] - Wolf Parade - "Apologies to the Queen Mary" (iTunes). I thought I posted this song in my post about Canadian bands, but apparently I didn't, and so I am posting it now.

Don't Stop Believin' (Journey cover) [mp3] - Petra Haden - "Guilt By Association" (iTunes). I'm a big fan of a capella music, so yay for this song.

share this post on de.licio.us / facebook

No comments: