Friday, September 21, 2007

Dance Party - 9.21.07

Wednesday night I went and saw The Hard Lessons perform for the second time - this time at Pianos. I'm retarded though and left my apartment in a hurry, fearing I would be late and completely forgetting my camera, so I don't have my usual blurry, crappy photos to share with everyone. I bet you're all very disappointed... Haha. I really need to get a new camera. Oy.

Anyway, the concert was great. But it couldn't really compare to the one over the summer at The Creek and The Cave, for a few reasons. First of all, the audience sucked (it's amazing what an impact the audience has on a show experience for me). Everyone just kind of stood there as if they didn't even really want to be there. They didn't participate as much when The Hard Lessons tried to get us to clap/sing along. Nobody stood within five feet of the stage (although that might've had something to do with the fact that it was ungodly loud). Second of all, The Hard Lessons didn't have the audience's energy to feed off of, so they weren't quite as energetic either, though they still put on a great performance. Third, it was more expensive than at TC&TC and they played a really short set. Fourth, there was no "drinks on the house!" afterwards (although I did happen to get a free drink at a bar we went to later by complete chance that the bartender was out of everything I wanted).

On the plus side, The Hard Lessons debuted a brand new song, which I liked. I couldn't catch the title but Augie introduced it by saying "the number one export in Michigan used to be automobiles, now it's candy canes" (they're from Detroit if you haven't caught that in my other numerous entries about them). My friend Laura thinks it's about The White Stripes and their whole saga with the Detroit music scene, but neither of us could hear the lyrics that well, so I guess it will remain a mystery for a while.

And now for a little dance music to get your weekend started.

Crazy on You [mp3] - Blitzen Trapper - "Bridging the Distance" (iTunes)

Flathead [mp3] - The Fratellis - "Costello Music" (iTunes)

Oh My [mp3] - Mellowdrone - "Box" (iTunes)

Stop! Stop! Stop! [mp3] - The Hard Lessons - "Gasoline" (iTunes unavailable)

Oh, P.S. I finally broke down and got a myspace. I figured it might be useful for this blog. So, if you read this or if you're just bored, myspace me.

No comments: