Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Saloon (San Francisco)


Sorry I've been a little MIA in the past few weeks - I was in San Francisco for work for much of early May and was of course getting ready for the trip at the end of April.

While I was in San Francisco, I did get to see a fair amount of live music. In particular, I kept ending up at The Saloon. It's a hole-in-the-wall spot that is cash only (seriously, I thought San Fran was a tech city and yet so many places are cash only!), but the music was great! A lot of blues and jazz, and an eclectic mix of people in both the bands and the audience. There's a reason I kept ending up back there (not usually even by my own suggestion!) and I highly recommend it if you have the chance. There was never a cover while I was there, so even if you don't end up liking the music, you have nothing to lose by checking it out.

No comments: