Friday, May 29, 2015

DsCene: Lightwaves

A photo posted by @lightwavesmusic on
Last night I went to the Getaround DC launch party (Getaround is a car-sharing service where you can list your own car if you don't use it a ton and make money from other people renting it! My car is listed, is yours? Getaround is currently available in San Francisco, Portland, and DC)

They had some pretty great music lined up and I had a blast. In particular I wanted to highlight a local band, since I don't have the opportunity to do that all that often here in DC.

Lightwaves was there DJing and they did an awesome job - I totally danced my ass off. So I checked them out after and they seem like they might put on a good live show too! They sound like they fell straight out of the '80s but with vocals like a late 90s emo-rock band (a la Something Corporate or Dashboard Confessional). But since the 80s is basically the best decade for danceable music, I'm going to bet their live show is just as easy to dance to as their DJ set was. Check 'em out if you have the chance!

No comments: