Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Electric Picnic




In September 2009 I went to End of the Road festival and it was awesome. Their line up for this year is excellent and I was pretty psyched about it, but the one thing that was missing 2 years ago, still seems to be absent this year. The missing element is late night fun and by this I really mean loud music after all the bands have finished which you can dance your ass off too. Actually it's not even that, it lacks bands which you can dance your ass off to during the day, or some headliners which will get you moving rather than moping.
Then, joy, I came across Electric Picnic, a short hop over the Irish Channel lies the emerald isle, and within it the joys of a festival with all the incredible indie and folk names which will be gracing EOTR's stages, plus the likes of Underworld, Pulp and The Chemical Brothers to name but a few.
If this wasn't enough, which is should be, they have somehow managed to get Public Enemy to play, and if that wasn't enough, The Undertones will be playing their eponymous debut album in it's entirety, which means I can jump around like a madman to 'Teenage Kicks' whilst hearing it live.
It's honestly a ridiculous line up. If I was making a 'dream festival' line up, it wouldn't be too dissimilar to this one.

All this means I get to post The Undertone's 'Teenage Kicks' video and dance around my bedroom. Awesome



No comments: