Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Timbre album


If you've ever thought that the harp was a thing of the past, think again. Definitely think again. Timbre, an amazing harpist from Nashville, Tenn, has released her second album this May. The entire album is available for download and listen by clicking here.

The album features songs I've listened to dozens of times on her myspace such as "I Will Go Plant Little Flowers" and "Like Spinning Plates." I've seen Timbre play several acoustic shows and they were all breathtaking. The album features a wider variety of backup instruments, giving some of the songs a fuller sound. I'm torn on which I like better. Maybe I don't have to choose ... I like both in their own respects.


Her beautiful and deep lyrics mixed with the beautiful harp provide for a stunning performance. If you have the chance to see Timbre live, you will not regret it.


No comments: