This past week saw Julian Assange in the slammer. If the man had been granted his ipod, what do you think would be on his playlist?
Em says: I have no idea what Julian Assange's music taste is like, so if I could make him a mix, I would appeal to his activist/anarchist sensibilities, while trying to throw in a good variety, with the following:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
- April 26, 1992 - Sublime
- Rock is Dead - Marilyn Manson
- Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode
- God Save the Queen - Sex Pistols
- The World Has Turned and Left Me Here - Weezer (or maybe "Undone (the Sweater Song)" or to throw a cheerier song on there, "Island in the Sun" )
- Holding Out For a Hero - Bonnie Tyler (Footloose)
- Bomb.Repeat.Bomb - Ted Leo & the Pharmacists
- Everybody Knows - Leonard Cohen
- Machine - Regina Spektor
- Guatemala - Emanuel & the Fear
- Cold War - Janelle Monae
- Punk Rocker - Teddybears
Ant says: I kind of think being denied music in prison should be part of his punishment.
So what do you think readers? Should Julian ever be granted his ipod, and if so, what do you think he'd be listening to?