Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Locksley @ Brooklyn Bowl PLUS GFP showcase announcement!

Last Wednesday I went to see Locksley do a free show at Brooklyn Bowl. I haven't seen them in FOREVER, so I was quite excited. I was also VERY excited because Locksley is going to be part of the next GFP Showcase at Southpaw on Saturday, August 21st (in conjunction with CouchCrash NYC). The awesome local line-up is as follows:
It's going to be a great, high energy show so bring your dancing shoes and if you RSVP on the Facebook event, you get $3 off the cover! And feel free to stick around for the after party!

Anyway, on to the show at Brooklyn Bowl. I don't remember the opening guy's name. He was ok. If you like Muse, you'd probably like him, though he's not as metal or quite as dramatic as Muse. But Locksley was great as usual, though this was definitely the most "dressed down" I've ever seen them perform - the still-handsome boys were in t-shirts instead of their usual coordinated, stylish ties and suspenders and nice shirts. But their casual clothing obviously didn't affect their performance, which was super high energy as always. This was the first time I've seen them do a lot of their new stuff live. I was also quite happy that they did some of my old favorites, such as "Don't Make Me Wait."

My very favorite moment of the show was when Jesse was playing Kai's guitar (with Kai). I'd seen them do something similar before, but this time he played it a few different ways and it was just a lot of fun to watch (and it looked like they were having a great time too). They played a nice, long set, and they never stopped moving for a second it seemed like throughout their entire performance. I also have to say I think it's really cool that they all take turns singing lead on different songs. They're really just so cohesive as a band, and the show just made me look that much more forward to the GFP showcase on August 21st. Hope to see you there!

More pictures:
Locksley @ Brooklyn Bowl

The Whip [mp3] - ( iTunes / Amazon )

No comments: