Tuesday, August 31, 2010

J Roddy Walston and The Business


I'm not normally a fan of yell-singing, but when J Roddy Walston and the Business do it, I love it. Love it. In fact, these guys are my new favorite find.

This Baltimore-based band gets southern and sweaty with their rock sound, and word on the street says their live performances are phenomenal and encompass a billion more times energy than their lively tracks. Produced by Kevin Augunas (Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Cold War Kids), their new self-titled album kicks and shivers with resolute vocals and kickass bluesrock numbers that fire up the soul. This is the kind of album that you want to turn up to 11 and blast out the windows, it's just that good. When I first gave an ear to these guys, all I could think was "they are going to have such a big following." Check out the tracks below and prepare to love.

Brave Man's Death [mp3]
Don't Break The Needle [mp3]
highly recommended tracks found on iTunes : Full Growing Man, Don't Get Old

1 comment:

Matt said...

Excellent recommendation! Doubt I'd have heard them otherwise.Remind me of early Kings of Leon, which is awesome obviously!