Monday, February 15, 2010

Matt Costa


While I don't have a lot of time these days I do still make sure to catch a few tv shows a week, one of these shows is Chuck. During this past week's episode there was one of those sentimental moments usually accompanied by a great song. Lucky for me I had iPhone handy with my trusty Shazam app which told me this song was "Astair" by Matt Costa.

Matt Costa, an independent singer-songwriter from Huntington Beach, originally intended on a life as a pro skateboarder until a leg break forced him to reconsider. When Tom Dumont of No Doubt came across his music a friendship formed and Matt was able to produce the EP Songs We Sing. He has since toured with Jack Johnson and played at festivals like Coachella and Bonnaroo. These two songs are from his self-titled EP, and you can listen to all his albums on his website here.

Astair [mp3] - (iTunes)

No comments: