Sunday, November 22, 2009

Joy Williams

Not gonna lie kids, as of late, I've been in a HUGE music slump. I listen to a lot of new music everyday, but I'm not finding any new bands that amaze. Although its really disappointing and discouraging, I try to remind myself that somewhere in those thousands of emails could be my next new favorite band, and so we trudge on.

But that's why today's mp3 comes directly from Grey's Anatomy.

Joy Williams is a singer-songwriter who has been featured on Grey's Anatomy numerous times, including last season's finale. Her songs are indie folk pop that bubble and burst with sweet sugary goodness in an uptempo tune. If you like what you hear below, in addition to her solo career, Williams has formed the alternative folk band The Civil Wars, so make sure to check them out as well.

No comments: