Monday, October 19, 2009

Orba Squara

When I first listened to Orba Squara's upcoming album called The Trouble With Flying, I wasn't expecting anything. I knew nothing about the "band" or their talent level, but by the time I finished listening, not only was I pleasantly surprised to find that it was all just one man, Mitch Davis (who plays every instrument on every track), I found myself in love with the album itself. I hesitate to pump this post with frilly words of positivity and approval lest I overhype, but I have to say that this album is just plain nice. Its satisfying, agreeable and downright pleasant with homespun acoustic guitars, mandolins, eased rhythms and warbly vocals. Somehow, in a way I can't really explain, I imagine Mister Rogers would've enjoyed this album, indie and all. The album lifts your spirits in a simple way and is perfect for those autumn afternoons when the sunbeams stream through the ambers, candy apple reds and fluorescent oranges of the world. Make sure to check out his interesting official website and pick up the album when it drops next week on the 27th.

mp3s removed by request

No comments: