Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Mix : Lise's Picks

It's the time of year again - that magical, innocent time when stuffing your face with sugary goodness until your stomach needs to be pumped and wearing slutty outfits are encouraged (I'm personally brainstorming a slutty dinosaur-riding jesus costume). Whether you plan to throw a party, watch plenty of awesome movies, or just head out on the streets to openly roll your eyes at the plethora of Balloon Boy costumes, you'll want to have some music to get in the spirit of things. Em and I are both doing our own lists this year cause I have more traditional songs in my collection and Em's got more indie flair to dish out, so expect Em's awesome list later this week. That said, here's my top 13...

Zombie Killer (Featuring Elvira) - Leslie Hall [mp3] (iTunes)
The Time Warp - The Rocky Horror Picture Show [mp3] (iTunes)
I Put A Spell On You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins [mp3] (iTunes)
Nightmare On My Street - DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince [mp3] (iTunes)
Monster Mash - Bobby Pickett [mp3] (iTunes)
Cannibal Zombie Mom - Mr. Fab [mp3]
Witchcraft - Frank Sinatra [mp3] (iTunes)
Spooky - Imogen Heap [mp3] (iTunes)
Magic Dance - David Bowie [mp3] (iTunes)
I Put A Spell On You - Nina Simone [mp3] (iTunes)
Ghostbusters - Run DMC [mp3]
They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead!! Ahhhh! - Sufjan Stevens [mp3] (iTunes)
Thriller - Michael Jackson (not linked, cause quite frankly, you should have this song already.)

1 comment:

Tara Bennett said...

Love the list!

I'd like to add Kerli Walking on Air & Yael Mayer Beauty of it All. the titles don't seem halloween-y, but the lyrics/feel definitely fit the spook theme.