Wednesday, October 28, 2009

CMJ - Chris Bathgate & Frontier Ruckus @ Spike Hill


A rather quick CMJ recap for today - Thursday I hit up Spike Hill in Williamsburg to see some of my fave Michigan peeps. Chris Bathgate was up first, with a good-sized band behind him (including Matt Jones on drums). As usual, the audience was filled with ever-loyal and always-psyched former Michiganders (Michiganites? Michiganians?) showing up to support artists from their native land. Chris played a lovely set, which included some new music from his upcoming album.


Next up was Frontier Ruckus, who played lots of new stuff, as well. Or, at least, I didn't seem to know a fair amount of it. I have to say I was sad that they didn't play my favorite of their songs, "The Blood," but they did play other old favorites like "Rosemont" and "Adirondack Amish Holler." Their nostalgic bluegrassy folk always tugs at my heart strings. All in all, it was a great show, and I left wishing that it didn't end so soon.

More pictures:

CMJ - Chris Bathgate & Frontier Ruckus @ Spike Hill

A Flash of Light Followed By [mp3] - Chris Bathgate - (iTunes)
Rosemont [mp3] - Frontier Ruckus - (iTunes)

No comments: