Tuesday, September 22, 2009

William Fitzsimmons

Ah, William Fitzsimmons. That's really all that needs to be said. Self-proclaimed as one of the "oddest people you'll ever meet," William has a truly unique life story. Born the youngest child to two blind parents, his childhood years were filled with music as a means of communication. He is, quite possibly, my numero uno favorite artist on the scene today.

I was able to see him play here in Phoenix last "winter" and what I thought was awe before I saw him perform live was only magnified into pure admiration. A unique blend of self-effacing humor and heartfelt lyrics, he owned the stage and blew everyone away. From my front row seat at the show I took some videos which I am excited to share with you. Finally, I've been to my share of concerts, but his is without a doubt in my top 5 of all-time. He's currently in Europe til the end of 2009 but if makes his way around the States next year, he's a must-see!

"If You Would Come Back Home" iTunes


"Hazy" (Actually a Rosi Golan song, accompanied by William Fitzsimmons)


Cover of "Heartless" by Kanye West:

1 comment:

Mary (Mary's Monday Musicology) said...

I just did a feature on William Fitzsimmons this week too on my music blog. You should check it out.

http://marysmusicology.blogspot.com/