Monday, August 31, 2009

Acceptance

Over the weekend I had a lengthy conversation with one of my music buddies about a broad range of topics. One of the things we discussed was, of course, our favorite bands of all-time. Unfortunately for me, 2 of my top 5 favorites have broken up and are no longer making music. One of these bands is Acceptance.

Acceptance released their first album in 2000 and were around long enough to make a total of 3 albums, with their 2005 release "Phantoms" earning a coveted spot in my top 10 albums of all-time. While they parted ways because the lead singer Jason wanted to have a so-called "normal" life, most of the band members have moved on to other acts including Anberlin, OneRepublic, Search/Rescue, and If We Were Lions.

If not for their breakup and for depriving me of new awesomeness for the last 4 years it's likely that they would be #1 on my list. Here is an unreleased track that they posted after the breakup (Not Afraid) and another song (Take Cover) which is one of my favorites.


No comments: