Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grey Anne

Here's another one I've been meaning to write about for a while now: Portland-based Grey Anne (real name: Anne Adams). The album "facts n figurines" apparently came out in 2008, though I thought it came out in January. It starts off really great, the first few songs being different enough to keep you interested but unified enough to showcase Anne's particular relaxed, airy sound. I particularly like the jazzy flapjack devilfish flies again. I really enjoy the sound that Anne has established and her gentle voice, though I will admit that I have to be in a very specific mood to listen to the second half of the album, which is all very slow (and those readers who have been here a while may have noticed my bias toward upbeat dancier music). All in all though, a good debut album. Maybe it's just because her name is Grey Anne but I could kind of see her being used on Grey's Anatomy perhaps. Check her out!

flapjack devil fish flies again [mp3] (iTunes)

Oh, PS: Congrats to our Annie Stela EP contest winners: Lauren, Melissa, and Malti. And thanks to all who participated!

No comments: