Monday, March 23, 2009

The Catch Up

This is really late blogging on my part, and I truly apologize, but I have a few musicians/tracks in my head that I meant to write about forever ago but never got around to it. I think that the boat has most likely left the port on reporting these, but I figured it couldn't hurt to post- just in case.



Asobi Seksu. Simplistic shoegazing twee electro-synth indie-pop that's rising to the occasion after dumping a few band members and becoming a duo. The latest album Hush was released in mid-February and the textured atmospheric tracks are gaining popularity in all corners of the world. It's like an odd blend of The Bird & The Bee and Ladyhawke through a dreamy filter.



Ida Maria is a Norwegian rock musician whose album came out last year. I was first introduced to this song by a couple of my friends a few months ago- they absolutely loved the song, which was intriguing simply because they aren't really into indie music, and they urged me to post it. Alas, somehow it got swept up under all the other music and I never got around to mentioning it. Of course, since then, it's been played on the indie radio stations like crazy, talked about on major pop culture blogs, and really just becoming an overall "song you gotta hear." So hear you go. (I'm sorry)



K'naan. Okay, I already mentioned this on twitter a few weeks ago, but I cannot stop listening to this song. Maybe its the kickin lyrics, fun chorus, or the simple reminder that Adam Levine desperately wishes he was the lost Bee Gee, but it's going to be the earworm of the mainstream radio stations this summer, mark my words. K'naan is a Somali-Canadian musician whose debut album was released in 2004 and has finally started to make some well-deserved noise with his latest 2009 Troubadour.

1 comment:

Cacaface said...

I Like You So Much Better When You Shut The Hell Up

Dang this song is so annoying. Ida Maria needs to get checked out for STDs and throat cancer.