Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Republic Tigers


As of late, I just can't stop listening to The Republic Tigers, and since they will be making an appearance at SXSW this year, I felt like that was a fine enough excuse to post about them today. If you're not familiar, the Republic Tigers are an experimental indie pop/rock band that in my mind are the perfect blend of Radiohead meets early Coldplay with a dash of The Bravery, and their latest album Keep Color is a masterpiece. They manage to perfectly balance dreamy with rock and organic with synthetic, just adding enough layers to keep things interesting and your head bobbing. If I had realized that I had them in my iTunes collection earlier, they would've been on a lot of my lists last year. I'm sorry, my bad. Here, let me make it up to you.

Fight Song [mp3]
Buildings & Mountains [mp3]

Purchase other music by The Republic Tigers on iTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Republic Tigers are from Kansas City, Missouri and are also the first band signed to Alex Patsavas' label Chop Shop Records. That last bit alone should mean super big things for them coming up.

They're also going to be on Patsavas' new project Rockville, CA (http://www.rockvilleca.com/) which will have two live performances on the site available for streaming, if you can't make it out to Austin this year (LUCKY!).