Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy 400th Post!!!! (and meet Peter Adams)

It is our 400th post here at GFP. How exciting! Not that I can think of anything huge to mark the occasion. So instead I'm going to write about Peter Adams.

Peter Adams is a musician from Cincinnati (midwest represent!). I've heard people compare him to Radiohead, which I think is an apt observation. His music has an orchestral whimsy to it that I really enjoy. It also kind of reminds me of a tamer Sunset Rubdown because it seems to me that the music kind of tells a story - it has drama - and it's also what some people might consider a little weird (but from me, that's a compliment. I don't like music that sounds like everything else). Actually, his newest album, "I Woke With Planets In My Face," probably should've been a candidate for best albums of 2008 or artists to watch for 2009. But alas, it sat in my pile of unlistened music until it was too late. That will teach me. Oh well, here it is now. Enjoy.

Antarctica [mp3] (iTunes)

Oh, and P.S. Congratulations to Melissa, our contest winner! Thanks to all those who participated.

No comments: