Monday, July 14, 2008

Frontier Ruckus


On Saturday night, I went to Living Room to see Michigan band Frontier Ruckus. The 6-piece folky band really blew me away with the beauty of their music, and it made me happy that they utilized a saw and banjo in many of their songs. They were very chill, but you could tell that they loved their music. They also just seemed like a nice bunch, as I had the pleasure of hanging out with some of them before and after the show. They have a new album coming out in the Fall, but here is a sample from their EP in the meantime - which, by the way, has the most unique packaging I've seen, as it comes in an 8.5 x 11 booklet, rather than a jewel case, with lyrics and illustrations done by hand.

Rosemont [mp3]

share this post on de.licio.us / facebook

No comments: