Thursday, November 8, 2007

Theme Thursday - Gravity

Today I just kind of picked out a random word for our theme because I was having some trouble finding any particular inspiration. So here it is: gravity. Turns out it's a good theme because there are lots of songs I like or artists I like that fit the theme today.

Gravity [mp3] - The Dresden Dolls - "The Dresden Dolls" (iTunes). In case you haven't noticed, The Dresden Dolls are one of my favorite bands of all times and their self-titled album is one of my favorite albums of all time. I thought I had posted this song before, but apparently not. It's another great piano-powered song from the crazy Boston-based duo.

Gravity's Rainbow [mp3] - Klaxons - "Myths of the Near Future" (iTunes). I know I've posted this song before, but it's a great dance song and one of my current favorites.

Gravity's Bringing Us Down [mp3] - Beulah - "The Coast is Never Clear" (iTunes). A nice, more-laid back grooving song.

Gravity [mp3] - Sara Bareilles - "Little Voice" (iTunes). A dramatic piano ballad to slow it down a bit.

Gravity Rides Everything [mp3] - Modest Mouse - "The Moon & Antarctica" (iTunes). I don't know why but this song has always invoked extreme melancholy in me (extreme melancholy seems like an oxymoron, but that's the best way to describe it). It's a good song though.

Oh! Gravity. [mp3] - Switchfoot - "Oh! Gravity." (iTunes). I'm surprised I haven't posted this song yet. It's a fun, upbeat rock song, which is probably the music I post with the most frequency.

Defying Gravity [mp3] - Original Broadway Cast - "Wicked" (iTunes). A fabulous inspirational musical theater song from the height of the first act of Wicked that was horribly misused recently in an episode of Ugly Betty.

I Get Wild: Wild Gravity [mp3] - Talking Heads - "Speaking in Tongues" (iTunes). An older song to mix it up a bit.

Ok, that's all for today. The next four days are going to be craziness. If I do everything I have planned, I will see three movies (including my first real movie premiere!), two concerts and a play (and that's after having to turn down one movie and one concert because they conflicted...). So I will have lots to update about, but my updating may be somewhat sporadic. Tata dahlings.

Oh, P.S. I got a new iPod, and I got it for free because I didn't realize I had a two-year warrantee instead of a one-year warrantee. Yay!

3 comments:

Gigi said...

glad to hear a sara bareilles mention!

Anonymous said...

what about Gravity by John Mayer?

Diana

Em said...

I actually strongly dislike John Mayer so I don't have any of his music. Sorry...