Friday, August 17, 2007

Dance Party - 8.17.07

Thank goodness it's Friday! This week was the first week since May that I worked (almost) full time, and besides that I've been rather busy. I had forgotten how tiring working full time and maintaining a social life can be. So now to kick off the weekend with some dance tunes. These are mostly kind of laid back dance tunes because that's what kind of mood I'm in, but hopefully that's ok.

Hot Girls in Good Moods [mp3] - Butch Walker - "The Rise and Fall of Butch Walker and the Lets-Go-Out-Tonites" (iTunes). As I've said before, I seem to be on a rock kick lately. This is another song that makes me want to hop on a motorcycle and go play pool at some seedy dive bar. It's also probably the closest to country music I usually get. You could line dance to this one.

Starz In Their Eyes [mp3] - Just Jack - "Starz In Their Eyes - Single" (iTunes). I'd like to dedicate this song to one Ms. Lindsay Lohan and one Ms. Britney Spears. 'nuff said.

Shadows [mp3] - Honeycut - "The Day I Turned to Glass" (iTunes). I wrote about Honeycut in my entry about funk. I didn't include this song though because it has more of a disco sound to it. Definitely still funky too, but it didn't quite fit with the other songs I had posted. This song makes me want to don bell-bottoms and disco. It's also a great song to listen to if you're walking somewhere.

Bones [mp3] - Editors - "An End Has a Start" (iTunes). This is a great upbeat rock song, but it still maintain a kind of "pretty" quality, which some rock songs lack. It has a bit of an 80s quality to it too. It's not the ideal dance song necessarily, but I think it's dance-able so I threw it in.

Ok, tata dahlings.

No comments: