Saturday, July 7, 2007

Allow me to introduce myself

This being my first post, I thought perhaps I should introduce myself in a little more detail than my "about me section" to your left. I just graduated from college (with massive amounts of debt! Yay!) and so I have been launched into what people not-so-lovingly refer to as "the real world". I graduated in three years and therefore I feel completely unprepared to join said real world. I live in New York City (which is really going to help my debt situation what with everything being so expensive and all). As you may have already noticed, I use parentheticals a lot in my writing because I tend to write the way I think and I tend to think in afterthoughts.

I was a film major and so my goal is to work in film and/or television. My first love, however, is music. Music has been a major force in my life since I was born and I literally can't live without it. I am currently jobless. I temp (office work) for money occasionally, but all of the film & television projects that I am working on will not pay me unless I finish them and sell them. So is the life of the (very) independent hopeful artist - freshly out of college and not quite jaded enough yet to give up on her dreams.

I created this blog mainly to write about music. I have wanted to start a music blog for a while but for some reason I just never did. I had an old blog I used to keep in touch with friends that I would post things about music occasionally, but that was the closest I got to music blogging until now. Since it was my major and hopefully is/will be my career and all, I may also post a little about film. And of course some random thoughts on things like theater (my second love), literature, religion (I was a religious studies minor though I am agnostic myself), politics (which I have a love-hate relationship with... mostly hate actually) or even sometimes just life in general might be thrown in here and there. I am a very eclectic person. My taste in music reflects this the best. While I currently seem to predominantly listen to what most people would refer to as "indie rock," I love everything from Mozart to Britney Spears (poor sad Britney...) too. My taste in film is equally eclectic. Like I said, I am very eclectic in general. Is this a sufficient introduction? I hope so because I am ending it now. Tata dahlings.

No comments: